Following the latest developments around the Corona virus and the federal council’s tightening of measures on Wednesday, the Executive Board has decided not to conduct an indoor season 2020/2021. This decision was made after consultation with the presidents of the clubs. The containment of the virus and thus the health of all is currently the top priority. Even if the cancellation hurts, the hockey family considers it inevitable.
The most important decisions in a nutshell:
- The indoor championship is cancelled.
- No championship title will be awarded. Next year’s EC will be attended by the teams that were eligible this year.
- Until 10.12.20 will decide whether tournaments for juniors and adults are offered on a voluntary basis.
- The board of directors high performance sports and the managing director develop ways in which the national teams can train in the best possible way during this time. The coaches and the players are involved in the decision-making process.
- It is still unclear which national teams this will apply to.
- Travel activity must be minimized.
Training at the clubs
- Swiss Hockey does not make a recommendation to the clubs. Clubs must comply with national, cantonal and local laws and instructions.
- The office develops a model protection concept for training.